Chiropractic care helps wellness
Wellness is for those who want to be at their very best mentally, physically and socially. True health is only possible with an optimally functioning nervous system.
Because of its focus on the nervous system, chiropractic care can be an important part of a wellness lifestyle. Specific chiropractic adjustments may help the nervous system function at its best.
Like maintaining your teeth, your car and your family, maintaining the integrity of your nervous system requires an ongoing investment.
Adding regular chiropractic care to your health practices can result in more vitality, endurance and the capacity to enjoy life to its fullest.
Ergonomics at work and at home
Ergonomics is a science that deals with designing and arranging things so that people can use them easily and safely.
The diagram at left will help you assess your computer workstation setup at home and at work.
Not sitting correctly at the computer for long periods of time can cause back pain, neck pain, knee pains and a tingling of the hands and fingers. Here are some tips on maintaining good ergonomics and staying comfortable at your desk during the day.
10 Steps – How to Sit at a Computer
1. Sit up tall
2. Sit close to your keyboard
3. Adjust the keyboard height
4. Adjust the tilt of your keyboard based on your sitting position
5. Use wrist rests
6. Position your monitor properly
7. Position the source documents directly in front of you, and use an in-line copy stand
8. An articulating keyboard tray can provide optimal positioning of input devices
9. Take small breaks during your workday to release some of that muscle tension
10. Exercise your hand by pushing on top of your fingers, and using backward resistance movements.
Zinc - are you getting enough?
Are you getting enough Zinc? Ask for your free Zinc Tally Test at your next appointment.
Zinc is essential for:
- optimal immune function
- wound healing and tissue repair
- reproductive health and fertility
- cardiovascular health
- mood elevation
- depression prevention
It is also important for osteoporosis, cardiovascular health, and prevention of diabetes and cancer.
Signs of zinc deficiency include:
- suppressed appetite
- slow wound healing
- slow growth
- hair loss
- abnormal taste
- altered cognition